in may 2019 i went on a himalayan hiking adventure. it was an incredible journey and one that i normally wouldn’t have taken. doing anything where i know how far i need to walk is insanely scary to me and i just didn’t want to do it. but i did it! i went hiking in the himalayas!!!
and ever since then, i’ve realized that i have no muscles. i think i always knew this, but it is really evident now. i don’t do any sort of exercise. and it’s time for that to change.
this turned into the SUMMER OF YOGA in australia from december 2019 to march 2020! my lofty personal yoga goals during the SUMMER OF YOGA were:
- don’t flop onto my belly going into baby cobra during sun salutations (knees-chest-chin doesn’t include the stomach!!!)
- do a 3-legged dog without opening my hips too much
- practice balance by perfecting the crow pose
- get strong enough to do a handstand! (this might be too lofty!!??!!)
this morphed into the SUMMER OF YOGA 2.0! my personal yoga goals during the SUMMER OF YOGA 2.0 are (it’s still ongoing!):
- do 3-legged dog without opening my hips (continued from SUMMER OF YOGA!)
- do a handstand
- do scorpion pose
- become more mindful while doing yoga
during SUMMER OF YOGA, i sent newsletters to those who joined me on my journey. here are a few that i want to share with you!
liked what you read? leave a tip in my tip jar so i can keep my website ad free!
carefree since 1984